Where my gardens have no walls

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A lot more Meredith Grey than you know

I'd like to think I'm a selfless, giving person. I'd also like to think that this tub of ice cream I'm eating isn't going to go straight to my thighs. But sometimes, the truth is much too real to ignore.

I'll never put myself out there for you, but I expect your TrueFeelingsAndBleedingBrokenHeart at my doorstep asap, thanks.
I don't want to love someone, I just want to be wanted.
This smile doesn't say I Like You, it says Do You Like Me?
I don't want your drama, I don't want there to be 'our' drama.
My freedom and a few spilt kisses for your complications and compromise doesn't seem like a fair exchange to me.
I really care about you...but I apologise, I don't do EmotionalAttachment.
And you know the worst part? I'm happy this way.

And that's why there will never be a we. Because I'm selfish enough to want these things, but not selfish enough to ask them of you.

It's all about me today. Maybe tomorrow I'll change for you. Maybe tomorrow I'll try and change for you. Because I fear, my dear, I'm already too far gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment