Where my gardens have no walls

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

You are the music in me

"You know that Simple Plan song, Addicted? I'm feeling like that song."

"Listen to maneater."

"But I'm not a maneater."

"But you could feel like one."

"But I'd be deceiving myself. I'm not a Maneater, I'm a Addicted."

"You could be a Single Lady."

"But they're supposed to Put A Ring On It"

"They haven't yet. Be a Touch My Body."

I'm more Umbrella than Touch My Body if we're going in that direction, I feel."

"So you're a Hate That I Love You."

"Yeah, totally. With a bit of Where Is Your Heart."

"But you must be a Shut Up And Let Me Go, I somehow feel."

"Perhaps."

2 comments:

  1. So the other day, my friend had the Anna Nalick album on in the background and we were there for so long that it came round on repeat of the tracks and there was this one line that I recognised from somewhere else and I couldn't for the life of me figure out where I'd seen or heard it before, and now I know so thanks for clearing that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every now and again, I think of you and I miss your blogging and I think of how, in part, you started off such a big aspect of my life, that you probably don't even realise your impact on. And it's not all down to you of course, but you know, some of it is. And it's absolutely crazy that you'll be turning nineteen soon and that I've 'known' you for so long. How bizarre, how bizarre.

    It's a weird wide world web.

    ReplyDelete