Where my gardens have no walls

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My defence is paper thin, just one touch and I'll be in.

"I am selfish
I am wrong
I am right
I swear I'm right
Swear I knew it all along
And I am flawed, but I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself"

It hits you like a ton of bricks. That perfect song, at the perfect moment, every lyric echoing in your mind, every note in tune with the melody of your heart.

Usually it makes me feel good - to know that somewhere out there in the collosal universe that someone mirrors my thoughts. That I'm not alone, that there's someone else and that someone survived it.

But occasionally I wonder at how...generic human emotions are. That I am just a tiny, inconsequential, not-so-extraordinary speck.

1 comment:

  1. Just because human emotions may be generic, doesn't make them any simpler.

    = )

    ReplyDelete